Circuit Prayer Diary 2021/22 – Day Three
Methodist Prayer Handbook
Praying with: World Methodism
Praying with: Our Districts
South East District
Irish Connexional Team
- Saturday, 02 Jul 2022 July 2, 2022Teach us, good Lord, to serve you as you deserve; to give and not to count the cost; to fight and not to heed the wounds; to toil and not to seek for rest; to labour and not to seek for any reward, save that of knowing that we do your will; through Christ our […]
Praying with Local Preachers and Worship Leaders
For the ministry and service of our Local Preachers and Worship Leaders, for all those in training, as they study and learn, and for their tutors and mentors.
May all who preach and lead worship be filled with the Holy Spirit and made bold in proclaiming God’s truth and faithful in living out their calling.
For all who prepare and lead our services, that they may be inspired, affirmed and strengthened as they gather together the elements which make up their act of worship. May they be encouraged in what they say and do for the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Lord you called the Disciples to follow you, you continue to call to us today. You have a place for each of us in your service. We pray for those who you are calling to be Local Preachers and worship leaders. Help them discern your call and answer it. Let the training required be both a positive challenge to them, to equip themselves to serve and also a personal sacrifice, offered to you in response to the wonder of their calling to that precious task of helping your people to worship you.
- Saturday July 2, 2022Acts 4:13-22Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John and realised that they were uneducated and ordinary men, they were amazed and recognised them as companions of Jesus. (v. 13)
- Friday July 1, 2022Acts 4:1-12'There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among mortals by which we must be saved.' (v. 12)
- Thursday June 30, 2022Acts 3:11-21'But you rejected the Holy and Righteous One and asked to have a murderer given to you.' (v. 14)
- Wednesday June 29, 2022Matthew 16:13-19He said to them, 'But who do you say that I am?' (v. 15)
- Tuesday June 28, 2022Acts 3:1-10 ...they were filled with wonder and astonishment at what had happened to him. (v. 10)
- Monday June 27, 2022Acts 2:42-47And day by day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved. (v. 47b)
- Sunday June 26, 2022Luke 9:51-62When the days drew near for him to be taken up, he set his face to go to Jerusalem. (v. 51)