Circuit Prayer Diary – Day Twenty One
Praying with: World Methodism
Praying with: Our Districts
Down District (Ireland)
- Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022 September 28, 2022Love of the heart of Jesus, inflame us; strength of the heart of Jesus, uphold us; wisdom of the heart of Jesus, teach us; zeal of the heart of Jesus, consume us, now and forever. AmenSaint John Eudes (1601–1680)Entwine, O God, your very being, your word, your love, through our lives. Run through us like […]
Praying for Local Ecumenical Partnerships in our Circuit
We give thanks for fifteen years of Digswell Village Church as an LEP, and a much longer co-operation between the Methodist and Anglican communities. We pray that it may long continue to be a sign of how the gospel brings together people of all backgrounds and a focal point for the village community.
We give thanks for Panshanger's commitment to its parent denominations and pray that it may be strengthened by the resources these churches provide and not weighed down by administrative demands. May it continue to hold a broad theological view and be a church for the whole community. Grant minister and elders a vision for this time and wisdom in decisions made.
We give thanks for Radlett's free church witness in the village and pray for a growing sense of unity with the Church of England there. We also give thanks for good relations with the Jewish community and pray that all communities of faith may encourage a sense of harmony and friendship throughout the area.
May RUFC itself have a strong sense of its role and where God is leading.
In all our LEPs may we move forward to a time when Christian unity is a visible reality and members of all traditions be welcomed in all expressions of the church of Christ. We pray for all local Churches Together groups in our Circuit.
- Saturday October 1, 2022Ecclesiastes 1:1-11What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, there is nothing new under the sun. Is there a thing of which it is said, 'See, this is new'? It has already been done in the ages before us. (vs 9-10)
- Friday September 30, 2022Proverbs 31:10-20A capable wife who can find? She is far more precious that jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. (v.10-11)
- Thursday September 29, 2022Revelation 12:7-12'Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Messiah, for the accuser of our comrades has been thrown down … they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.' (vs 10-11)
- Wednesday September 28, 2022Proverbs 30:1-9… give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that I need, or I shall be full, and deny you, and say, 'Who is the Lord?' or I shall be poor and steal and profane the name of my God. (vs 8-9)
- Tuesday September 27, 2022Proverbs 29:23-27A person’s pride will bring humiliation, but one who is lowly in spirit will obtain honour. (v. 23)
- Monday September 26, 2022Proverbs 27:1-6Better is open rebuke than hidden love. Well meant are the wounds a friend inflicts, but profuse are the kisses of an enemy. (vs 5-6)
- Sunday September 25, 2022Luke 16:19-31He said to them, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the prophets, neither will they be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' (v.31)