Circuit Prayer Diary – Day Ten
Methodist Prayer Handbook
Praying with: World Methodism
Praying with: Our Districts
North West District (Ireland)
- Monday, 02 Oct 2023 October 2, 2023Come, O courage of God to sustain us. Come, O strength of God to protect us. Come, O holiness of God to purify us. Come, O love of God to transform us. Amen.Thomas à Kempis (c. 1380-1471)O God we come to you God of the displaced, who created space for all, God of the refugee, […]
Praying for Hatfield Road Methodist Church
Presbyter: Revd Andrew Prout
Senior Steward: Tomas Cvrcek
Dear Lord, we give you thanks for the success of our Create and Celebrate initiative and the impetus this has provided for outreach and mission. We pray for the conversations with Marlborough Road Methodist Church which seek to deepen the working together of the two Churches, including the joint work of our Anna Chaplain. We pray for the recruitment of a new Families and Children's worker that we might find the right person to continue the work Emma started for us. We pray for those who have joined the Church over the last year and for those who have moved away from St. Albans who are greatly missed.
We give thanks for the diversity of the congregation, and pray for its members facing uncertainty in the workplace and in the job market. We give thanks for the many points of contact with the community including the Warm Welcome Café, Daycare, Babies and Toddlers and regular social events.
We pray for the Sunday Club and for the variety of forms of worship by which the Church seeks to touch people’s lives, and we pray for the growing in Christ of every member and for faithfulness and courage in mission. Amen.
- Saturday October 7, 2023Genesis 11:1-11 Therefore it was called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth; and from there the Lord scattered them abroad over the face of all the earth. (v. 9)
- Friday October 6, 2023Genesis 8:1-22 And in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat. (v. 4)
- Thursday October 5, 2023Genesis 7:1-17 'For in seven days I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights; and every living thing that I have made I will blot out from the face of the ground.' (v. 4)
- Wednesday October 4, 2023Genesis 6:11-22'But I will establish my covenant with you; and you shall come into the ark, you, your sons, your wife, and your sons’ wives with you. And of every living thing, of all flesh, you shall bring two of every kind into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male […]
- Tuesday October 3, 2023Genesis 6:5-10So the Lord said, 'I will blot out from the earth the human beings I have created – people together with animals and creeping things and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.' (v. 7)
- Monday October 2, 2023Genesis 4:1-16 Now the man knew his wife Eve, and she conceived and bore Cain, saying, 'I have produced a man with the help of the Lord.' Next she bore his brother Abel. Now Abel was a keeper of sheep, and Cain a tiller of the ground. (vs 1-2)
- Sunday October 1, 2023Matthew 21:23-32When he entered the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came to him as he was teaching, and said, 'By what authority are you doing these things, and who gave you this authority?' (v. 23)