Circuit Prayer Diary – Day Ten
Methodist Prayer Handbook
Praying with: World Methodism
Praying with: Our Districts
North West District (Ireland)
- Friday, 12 Aug 2022 August 12, 2022May we never feel forsaken, O Lord, whether in the quietness of our resting, in the storms of the day, in the cares of the world or in the journey of life. Amen.Søren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)For the refugee, ‘displaced’, afraid and homeless; for the ‘unplaced’ child in care, longing for a new foster home; for the […]
Praying for Hatfield Road Methodist Church
Presbyter: Revd Andrew Prout
Senior Steward: Denise Willingham
Dear Lord, we give you thanks for the success of the 125th anniversary celebrations in 2019 and the impetus this has provided for outreach and mission. We pray for the conversations with Marlborough Road Methodist Church which seek to deepen the working together of the two Churches, including the hopes to employ both a Children’s and Families Worker, and an Anna Chaplain in 2020. We pray for those who have joined the Church over the last year and for those who have moved away from St. Albans who are greatly missed.
We give thanks for the diversity of the congregation, and pray for its members facing uncertainty in the workplace and in the job market. We give thanks for the many points of contact with the community including the Aldersgate Café, Daycare, Brigade, Babies and Toddlers and regular social events.
We pray for the Sunday Club and for the variety of forms of worship by which the Church seeks to touch people’s lives, and we pray for the growing in Christ of every member and for faithfulness and courage in mission. Amen.
- Saturday August 13, 2022Micah 7:8-20 Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me. I must bear the indignation of the Lord, because I have sinned against him, until he takes my side and executes judgement for me. (vs 8-9)
- Friday August 12, 2022Micah 7:1-7 Woe is me! For I have become like one who, after the summer fruit has been gathered, after the vintage has been gleaned, finds no cluster to eat; there is no first-ripe fig for which I hunger. (v. 1)
- Thursday August 11, 2022Micah 6:1-8 'O my people, what have I done to you? In what have I wearied you? Answer me!' (v. 3)
- Wednesday August 10, 2022Micah 4:1-8 In days to come the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and shall be raised up above the hills. Peoples shall stream to it, and many nations shall come and say: ‘Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house […]
- Tuesday August 9, 2022Micah 3:5-12 Therefore it shall be night to you, without vision, and darkness to you, without revelation. The sun shall go down upon the prophets, and the day shall be dark over them… (v. 6)
- Monday August 8, 2022Micah 2:1-13 Alas for those who devise wickedness and evil deeds on their beds! When the morning dawns, they perform it, because it is in their power. (v. 1)
- Sunday August 7, 2022Luke 12:32-40'Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions, and give alms. Make purses for yourselves that do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your […]