Circuit Prayer Diary – Day Twelve
- Friday, 12 Aug 2022 August 12, 2022May we never feel forsaken, O Lord, whether in the quietness of our resting, in the storms of the day, in the cares of the world or in the journey of life. Amen.Søren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)For the refugee, ‘displaced’, afraid and homeless; for the ‘unplaced’ child in care, longing for a new foster home; for the […]
Praying with: Digswell Village Church LEP
Presbyters: Revd Bruce Anderson and Revd Dr Rob Marshall
Senior Steward: Diana Holt
We give thanks for Digswell Village Church’s vision to be the church for all, of any tradition, and for the closer links forged with the Anglican parish, with whom we are in partnership. We pray for Revd Bruce Anderson and Revd Dr Rob Marshall as well as Revd Selina Evans who joins the parish Ministry Team as a new self-supporting Curate. We pray for all those in ministry in both the wider deanery and circuit.
We give thanks to God for the united witness between Methodists and Anglicans in Digswell over many years, and for our broader vision to embrace Christians of all traditions and welcome people of all backgrounds.
We pray for wisdom and courage to live out our vision to be the heart of the community, reaching out to our neighbours, and those who use our building. Help us to be a sign of reconciliation and wholeness for a broken world.
We pray that our outreach to local schools, children and young families will be effective, so that more people of all ages will come to know the love of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Saturday August 13, 2022Micah 7:8-20 Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me. I must bear the indignation of the Lord, because I have sinned against him, until he takes my side and executes judgement for me. (vs 8-9)
- Friday August 12, 2022Micah 7:1-7 Woe is me! For I have become like one who, after the summer fruit has been gathered, after the vintage has been gleaned, finds no cluster to eat; there is no first-ripe fig for which I hunger. (v. 1)
- Thursday August 11, 2022Micah 6:1-8 'O my people, what have I done to you? In what have I wearied you? Answer me!' (v. 3)
- Wednesday August 10, 2022Micah 4:1-8 In days to come the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and shall be raised up above the hills. Peoples shall stream to it, and many nations shall come and say: ‘Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house […]
- Tuesday August 9, 2022Micah 3:5-12 Therefore it shall be night to you, without vision, and darkness to you, without revelation. The sun shall go down upon the prophets, and the day shall be dark over them… (v. 6)
- Monday August 8, 2022Micah 2:1-13 Alas for those who devise wickedness and evil deeds on their beds! When the morning dawns, they perform it, because it is in their power. (v. 1)
- Sunday August 7, 2022Luke 12:32-40'Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions, and give alms. Make purses for yourselves that do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your […]