Circuit Prayer Diary – Day Twenty Eight
Praying with: World Methodism
The United Methodist Central and Southern Europe Central Conference
Praying with: Our Districts
Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury District
- Friday, 12 Aug 2022 August 12, 2022May we never feel forsaken, O Lord, whether in the quietness of our resting, in the storms of the day, in the cares of the world or in the journey of life. Amen.Søren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)For the refugee, ‘displaced’, afraid and homeless; for the ‘unplaced’ child in care, longing for a new foster home; for the […]
Praying for the Methodist Diaconate Order
Warden: Deacon Karen McBride
Deputy Warden: Deacon Ruth Ritchie
Deacons in this District:
Deacon Angie Allport
Deacon Sheralee Devitt
Deacon Rita Jakeman
Deacon Linda Kinchenton
Deacon Malcolm Knowles
Deacon Vera Pearson
Deacon Jacqueline Esama-John
We pray for the continuing work of the Diaconal Order:
For the continued diaconal ministry within the churches, circuits and districts of the Methodist Church of Great Britain; for the Warden, Deputy Warden and the Leadership Group; for all deacons in active ministry as well as those who are supernumerary Deacons; for the probationary and student deacons as they continue to test their call; for the deacons who have moved circuits this year; and for the work within The Connexion that the Methodist Diaconal Order embodies.
Eternal God, you are the source of all life, the fount of all wisdom, the wellspring of all grace. Your days are without end, your loving mercies without number. We depend on you and remember your goodness to us, and to those who have gone before. Your story has been told in every generation: The Lord Jesus Christ lived among us, full of grace and truth, revealing your tender mercy; he healed the sick, comforted the broken and lost. In humility, he washed the feet of his disciples, calling us to follow his example as one who serves. You are our God, ahead of us, leading us, guiding us and calling us; you are the Lord God, the all-wise, the all-compassionate. And we lift our hearts in worship today and for ever.
We give thanks for those who have heard your call to diaconal ministry and their dedication and commitment to their calling and to the Methodist Diaconal Order.
Creator God, as with all your creation, we offer you the life of this day. Give us grace to love and serve you to the praise of Jesus Christ the Lord. Amen.
- Saturday August 13, 2022Micah 7:8-20 Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me. I must bear the indignation of the Lord, because I have sinned against him, until he takes my side and executes judgement for me. (vs 8-9)
- Friday August 12, 2022Micah 7:1-7 Woe is me! For I have become like one who, after the summer fruit has been gathered, after the vintage has been gleaned, finds no cluster to eat; there is no first-ripe fig for which I hunger. (v. 1)
- Thursday August 11, 2022Micah 6:1-8 'O my people, what have I done to you? In what have I wearied you? Answer me!' (v. 3)
- Wednesday August 10, 2022Micah 4:1-8 In days to come the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and shall be raised up above the hills. Peoples shall stream to it, and many nations shall come and say: ‘Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house […]
- Tuesday August 9, 2022Micah 3:5-12 Therefore it shall be night to you, without vision, and darkness to you, without revelation. The sun shall go down upon the prophets, and the day shall be dark over them… (v. 6)
- Monday August 8, 2022Micah 2:1-13 Alas for those who devise wickedness and evil deeds on their beds! When the morning dawns, they perform it, because it is in their power. (v. 1)
- Sunday August 7, 2022Luke 12:32-40'Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions, and give alms. Make purses for yourselves that do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your […]