Circuit Prayer Diary 2021/22 – Day Four – Praying with Marlborough Road Methodist Church, St Albans
Methodist Prayer Handbook
Praying with: World Methodism
Praying with: Our Districts
Midlands and Southern District (Ireland)
Bedfordshire, Essex and Hertfordshire District
- Saturday, 02 Jul 2022 July 2, 2022Teach us, good Lord, to serve you as you deserve; to give and not to count the cost; to fight and not to heed the wounds; to toil and not to seek for rest; to labour and not to seek for any reward, save that of knowing that we do your will; through Christ our […]
Praying with Marlborough Road Methodist Church
Presbyter: Revd Rosemary Fletcher
Senior Steward: Janis Gilbert
We give thanks for the time and talents given by so many people during these past few months as we have faced, and continue to face the challenges of Covid 19. We pray for the members of MRMC for whom this has been a particularly difficult time as they have faced the illness and death of a loved one. We think of the work of our safeguarding officer, pastoral secretary and all our pastoral visitors who have offered support in so many ways to the members of their groups, so that they may continue to feel a valued part of the community at MRMC.
We remember too all those who have produced, packaged, posted and emailed our weekly notices, and the Circuit Staff who have prepared the weekly circuit service. We acknowledge the work done by our ‘re-opening team’, which has enabled us to re commence Sunday morning services, and we pray for their ongoing efforts to offer our building as a secure place to meet for the wider community.
We continue to give thanks and pray for Rosemary in all that she does here at MRMC, supporting and encouraging those around her, at the same time as guiding and supporting the work of the Circuit. We ask God’s blessing on Rosemary and James.
We welcome and give thanks for Emma Haggis, who has started her work here at MRMC and HRMC as Children and Families worker, and we look forward to her sharing different ideas with us, as we continue to reach out to our younger members and their families.
Amidst the many difficulties of the last few months we still find there are things for which we can all be thankful. We ask your blessing on us in the months ahead, giving us strength as individuals and a worshiping church community, to look for and bring about ‘The Way Forward.’
- Saturday July 2, 2022Acts 4:13-22Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John and realised that they were uneducated and ordinary men, they were amazed and recognised them as companions of Jesus. (v. 13)
- Friday July 1, 2022Acts 4:1-12'There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among mortals by which we must be saved.' (v. 12)
- Thursday June 30, 2022Acts 3:11-21'But you rejected the Holy and Righteous One and asked to have a murderer given to you.' (v. 14)
- Wednesday June 29, 2022Matthew 16:13-19He said to them, 'But who do you say that I am?' (v. 15)
- Tuesday June 28, 2022Acts 3:1-10 ...they were filled with wonder and astonishment at what had happened to him. (v. 10)
- Monday June 27, 2022Acts 2:42-47And day by day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved. (v. 47b)
- Sunday June 26, 2022Luke 9:51-62When the days drew near for him to be taken up, he set his face to go to Jerusalem. (v. 51)