Ever wondered what the stewards discuss at their monthly meetings? Or what they spend the rest of their time doing?
Well fret no more. Now the new website is live, we will be posting a monthly update letting you know what we are up to. And if you have any questions or comments, please email our Senior Steward on email@example.com.
• 125th Anniversary: This is one of the big topics of discussion as the Big Day approaches. What is most gratifying is the number of people who have volunteered to help. The Committee are doing an amazing job, and the numerous offers of help illustrate what a wonderful Church community we are a part of. As Stewards we have been able to take a back seat (for which we are very grateful to the Committee), although we’ll probably be very busy during the week itself…….
• Communications: We have been working with the Comms Group to bring you the new website, and huge thanks go to Chris H for all his hard work in creating the site (and Marion and Chris K for doing all the blue sky thinking). The Stewards’ role now is to encourage everyone in the church to engage with the site and contribute. It really is very easy. It’s such an important part of our outreach efforts, and a great way of keeping in touch with those who have moved on and attracting new members. Please contact Lianne on firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in contributing or want to be part of the website group responsible for overseeing content.
• Our growth plan: We have been considering our response to the Circuit’s request for an update and the news is all positive. Although membership figures remain static, the constant rise in attendance figures (and in particular, attendance at key times such as Harvest, Christmas and Easter) illustrate how our Church family is growing. We ran out of story bags on Easter Sunday! The great work done by the social group has ensured a huge growth in our social outreach activities – and attendance at these has been fantastic. Holiday at Home, the plans for lay workers, and the new bible study group led by Chris H are all excellent examples of how well we are working together with Marlborough Road.
• The Large Hall: this has taken up a lot of Val’s time, and we are pretty much 99% there. As you will all have seen, the new flooring looks fab. And for all those who have been asking where the stage has gone (mainly the kids), it’ll be back after 125 is over.
• Anna Chaplaincy: This has been keeping Denise very busy, and a full update was provided at the AGM. If you missed it, see Denise’s post.
Hopefully this gives you an idea of what we have been talking about. But also shows you that our job is largely to oversee the running of the church and the incredible work that the rest of the congregation put in to keeping our wonderful Church family going. And if any of you are thinking of becoming a steward, we are all available for a chat and can tell you more.
Until the next update….
Denise, Val, Tomas, Angela and Lianne