Safeguarding Training – Advanced Module information and Dates
Safeguarding Training – Advanced Module
If you hold one of the posts listed below, you are required to attend the Advanced (formerly Leadership) Module of the Creating Safer Spaces training programme:
Core List – Required Attendance
- Safeguarding Officer – Circuit
- Safeguarding Officer – District
- Safeguarding Officer – Church
- Members of the District Safeguarding Group
- Members of the District Policy Committee
- All presbyters or deacons with an active preaching or pastoral ministry (including supernumerary ministers)
- Those who are in paid employment or a voluntary role which includes leadership within the Methodist Church, which involves direct work with children, youth or vulnerable adults
- Members of the Connexional Complaint Panels, Discipline Committees, Pastoral and Appeals Committees
- Those in recognised roles involving pioneering, fresh expressions or evangelism
- Those who deliver the Foundation Module
- Mentors for the Youth Participation Scheme
- Members of the Safeguarding Committee
- Requirement that specific groups not required to attend the whole module should attend training covering specific sections e.g. volunteers in direct work with children, young people or vulnerable adults
- Local preachers: Local Preachers should enrol and complete the Advanced Module at the earliest opportunity after receiving a Note to Preach and completing the Foundation Module. Note that both modules must be completed by the end of the second year of training and before their second interview on trial, whichever occurs first
- Worship leaders: Worship Leaders should enrol and complete the Advanced Module at the earliest opportunity after commencing training and completing the Foundation Module. Note that both modules must be complete by the end of the second year of training and before their appointment by the Church Council, whichever occurs first.
Warmly invited but not mandatory
Supernumerary ministers apart from those who have an active preaching or pastoral ministry
Training sessions in the BEH District, for the rest of this year are:
Tues 12th Nov: 1-5pm. Great Holland Methodist Church, Essex
Thurs 28th Nov: 9.30-1.30. Wimpole Rd Methodist Church, Colchester, Essex
Mon Dec 16th: 11.00-3.00 pm Thorpe Bay Methodist Church, Essex
There are also some preliminary dates for sessions in the first quarter of next year, which have yet to be confirmed but I am circulating them on a ‘Date for your Diary’ basis. As soon as I have more details, I will send them out.
Mon 3rd Feb: St Albans area (time and venue to be confirmed)
Tues 25th Feb: North Beds area (time and venue to be confirmed)
Fri 6th March: Hemel Hempstead area (time and venue to be confirmed)
Sat 4th April: Bishops Stortford area (time and venue to be confirmed)
Tues 28th April: Stevenage area (time and venue to be confirmed)
This training needs to be refreshed every four years.
You must have attended the Foundation Module prior to attending the Advanced Module.
For further information, please contact Steve.