Thy Kingdom Come – Update
We are encouraged to get involved as churches, families and individuals.
As churches we are asked to consider ways that we can stretch the boundaries of prayer beyond our normal practices.
Some ideas have been provided by the Thy Kingdom Come team and these are:
- Join together in daily prayer.
- Take on the challenge of 24/7 prayer.
- Set up prayer stations.
- Go on a prayer walk.
- Organise a special prayer service or event and advertise it on the Thy Kingdom Come website.
We are not restricted to these suggestions but can be as innovative as we would like to be in our praying for growth.
Although we have recently had the Circuit 24 hour prayer and fasting, where we organised some of these things, our focus was not on making disciples so a repeat of any of these would not be duplication indeed we are better prepared to do them now!
As indivduals we are encouraged to:
- Use the TKC journal for daily prayer
- Reflect with our Novena (nine days of prayer) of which there is a Methodist Church produced booklet
- The TKC prayer card is a reminder to pray for five people to come to know Jesus
- Use a leather band with five knots to pray for friends and family to know Jesus
- Download the TKC app with daily prayers, reflections, readings and videos
A wide variety of other very helpful resources are available on the Thy Kingdom Come website https://www.thykingdomcome.global/
I do pray that we will, as both individuals and as a church, get involved in this act of prayer.